Monday, December 17, 2007

It takes a village...

First off, had a decent weekend. We saw Juno, which I highly recommend. Very smart script, well acted, good story. Ellen Page did an amazing job, the whole cast did really.

Ok, so I thought I'd list out for point of reference, people that may get mentioned, as they drift in and out of the movie that is our lives. In case any of you read this, if you're not mentioned it's not intentional, I just have a lousy memory. I'm sure people will come to mind later and I'll slap my forehead in disgust accordingly.

Immediate Family:
Wendy and Scott - My sister and her fiance, who live here in Glendale. I think they should get married already, but what do I know :)
Mom and Dad - They currently live in Palmdale.
Tanya - Daryl's sister, who lives in NoCal.
Bill and Diane - Daryl's parents, who live in Brea.
Suki - Daryl's grandmother, who lives in Laguna.

Extended Family:
I could write a long post on family alone, suffice it to say we have many uncles, aunts, and cousins. I think I'll introduce them as they pop in. Also, Daryl has a great relationship with many of her parent's friends who are as close as aunts/uncles for all intents and purposes. I could go on about them for a while as well, but again I'll introduce as they pop in.

Friends:
(I'll divide this as mine first and Daryl's second, though we both like each other's friends, it's more of an origin delineation. Also, they are in no particular order of importance)

My buds:
Martin - My best man, he currently lives in Sacramento. Known him since high school.
Steve V & Jackeline - Currently live in Burbank. For sake of clarity will be dubbed Stevo. If only people would coordinate their names, it would make things far easier... I believe I did spell his wife's name correctly. Also high school buddy.
Steve W & Karri - Live in Brea. Steve was a high school friend of mine, Karri a high school friend of Daryl's. We met at a bbq at their place. We will forever be irritated that neither of them thought to set us up. When confronted they make excuses, but they know they are wrong.
Derrik & Christine - Live in Sacramento. I've known Derrik since just after high school, though he actually knew Martin already. I am godfather to his daughter Estree, who was our flower girl.
Carlos & Maggie - Live in LA. Met Carlos at one of my first jobs at an Electronics Boutique in the Glendale Galleria during high school.
Chris & Lisa - Live up in Santa Clarita. I don't know why they love the cookie cutter community so much :) Chris is a high school buddy.
Mike & Linda - Live in Whittier. Also a high school buddy.
Gabriel & Christina - Live in San Gabriel. Yet another high school buddy (sensing a theme?)
Joe & Kory - Live in AL. High school buddy, almost retired from the Army.
Sean - Lives in Canyon Country. Met him playing paintball, we co-captained a team way back when.
Victor & Shannon - Live in Glendale. Victor is Derrik's younger brother.

Daryl's crew:
Ryan & Al - Live in LA. Ryan is one of Daryl's best friends, her gay husband really. They met at Occidental College.
Abby - Lives in Mt. Washington. College friend, she hosted our baby shower in her new place.
Kathryn & Ben - Live in Atwater. College friend, Kathryn happens to be pregnant as well right now, though we are several months ahead of her.
Ken & Dana - Live in LA. College friend.
Ann - Lives in Mt. Washington. College friend.
Heather & Jason. Lives in LA. College friend.
Suzanne & Pablo - Lives in the valley, I forget which city :x. College friend.
Rick & Stephane - Lives in Sherman Oaks. Childhood/family friend.
Zack - Lives in Oakland. College friend.

Whew, that's a rough overview. I think I have most of them on here, like I said, I'm sure I'm forgetting people, but this is representative enough to let you know we are blessed with a large group of wonderful people who we are happy to know and appreciate.

Song of the day:
Moby, Bodyrock

No comments: